We have experienced a bug on some sites where the Elementor design totally break for no reason after clicking the Update button on the Elementor Editor. It was happening randomly on some sites but after some debugging we find a way to replicate this issue, so, avoid to do this while working with Elementor + WPML.
These are the steps to replicate:
1) Go to Appearance > Menus.
2) On the right of the screen, click on “Translations: (pencil icon) Spanish”.
3) Go back to the homepage (or any other page from the front-end).
4) In the admin bar, put your mouse (don’t click) hover “Edit with Elementor” to display the submenu, and click on “Header”.
5) Do any change on the header and click on Update.
6) Go back to the homepage, and you will see the design is gone and there’s no way to fix it (you will need to rollback to a previous backup).
To avoid this bug, be sure to click on "Translations: (pencil icon) English" when you are done working with the Spanish submenu.
At the moment of writing this documentation, we have an opened ticket with WPML and they are working on a fix.