Part-time WordPress Contractor / Junior Developer
MIGHTYminnow Web Studio & School is looking for a part-time to full-time contract Junior WordPress Developer! If you are a motivated, reliable developer with a passion for CSS and WordPress, read on. . .
The Work – what you’ll be doing:
- Lots of WordPress theming (using comps to write CSS, sometimes winging the design with your awesome design-eye)
- Some basic WordPress site assembly / coding
- Working tightly with the close-knit MIGHTYminnow team
The Position – what and how:
- Hours: as needed – full time to part time
- Hourly pay (based on skill, experience, etc)
- Flexible on days/times/scheduling, great for folks who need a *flexible* schedule. Parents, part time freelancers, etc.
Us – all about MIGHTYminnow:
- Builders of awesome WordPress websites
- “Do Good” company – emphasis on non-profits, social enterprises, local companies, entrepreneurism, empowering business owners through our Website Weekend
- Looking for folks who strike us as minnows. Small but strong. Shiny. Bright!
You – the skills/traits we’re looking for:
- Excellent fluency with CSS, including CSS3 and the latest trends/techniques – this is definitely the #1 thing we’re looking for
- Proficiency with WordPress (the more experience, the better)
- Eager/quick learner – bonus points to those who can, and will, learn quickly (our Senior Developers will support you on this, just as we were/are supported!)
- Bay Area local – we need someone who can make it into our downtown Oakland office pretty consistently
- Reliable – someone who would help us win a tug-o-war (we’re really trying not to use cliches and say “team player”, but someone who isn’t afraid of HARD WORK and who is helpful)
- Good communicator – desire to help train students in our Website Weekend program is a plus
- PHP is a plus, jQuery is a plus
Next Steps – moving forward:
Excited? Want to know more? Think we might be like to learn more about you?
If so, please:
- Contact Senior Developer, Mickey Kay, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us a bit more about yourself and why you’re interested in working with us
- Share some links to your work/portfolio – if it’s not totally obvious, please tell us what exactly your role was in the work
- Anything else we should know? Now’s your time to share / shine!
- Contact details – what’s the best way we can get a hold of you?
- Availability and Expectations: Keeping in mind that we are a small, grassroots agency, tell us a bit about what you would expect to give and what you would expect to get in return?